Friday 5 November 2010

First Subject Visit - Stanford

I have now visited my first subject! He is the Chairman of the Birthmark Support Group, and I met up with him to discuss the terms of my funding and to follow up the first time I met him at the Birthmark 'Fun Day'.

I think he is a good person to start my project with, as he understands my project and as a result will be more tolerant with my experimenting and trying different things. Initially, my work will need a fair amount of development to find out what works best when photographing my subjects. Also, there is potential for meeting Stanford again, so if I am not happy with the results I can reshoot!











I tried to experiment with different poses - sitting, standing, smiling, neutral, straight on and with his dog! As my confidence wasn't too great, I was struggling to direct my subject, but found it easier as time went on. As I didn't quite know what I wanted, I needed to experiment a little, but Stanford was very patient and didn't mind.

I feel that this shoot has returned some fairly usable results, and I have begun to find out a little more what I want from my subjects. This will make it a lot easier when I come to visit people I don't know, and will know exactly how to sit them.







I took these 'mugshot' type images as more of a record for myself, to get a closer look at the birthmark. Although I like some of the seated ones I feel these are effective too, so will ensure I get a close up of each subject too, incase they come in handy!

No comments:

Post a Comment