Friday 15 October 2010

Funding for the project

As part of the project, we are encouraged to find ways of getting our work 'Out there' by entering into competitions or getting funding. I have decided to go for the latter, with a fair amount of success. I began to build up my network of contacts before the start of term by visiting a ‘Fun Day’ put on by the Birthmark Support Group, at which I met the chairman of the charity. I have since been in email contact with him, and through a series of discussions and negotiations I have been successful in receiving funding for completing my project in return for the use of my images on the BSG’s website. The Support Group is in the process of updating their site, and need some more contemporary professional images of people that live with birthmarks. I have been in touch with the design company heading the project and they have given me a brief to work towards.

As a result, I am now running two projects simultaneously; one for the BSG and one for my coursework project. Taking on the funding from the BSG has hugely improved my access to subjects and freed me up to travel further distances to visit them. I propose to complete both projects to the BSG’s deadline, and spend my remaining time on the course to working with the images I have collected, experimenting with text and interviews to accompany the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment