Wednesday 1 December 2010

Richard Okon - Prefab Homes

In an attempt to expand my research I have been looking at the work of Richard Okon, who photographs prefabricated homes and the people that live in them. Obviously,  I am more concerned with the photographs of the people, and the way in which he represents them.







I like the way Okon photographs his subjects in their own intimate space, in a similar way to the work of Richard Ross. This set of images, however, is a little more realistic to what I am likely to achieve, as the subjects are photographed in their own homes.

Elements of Okon's work - the relaxed poses, the full portraits - inspire me, and I will take influence from it on my next shoot.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing such wonderful images of the prefabricated homes. These homes have greater energy efficiency, produce less waste during the construction process, are considerably faster to build, and are built using techniques designed to promote their strength. Here is a link that I think you will find interesting.

    Prefab Housing

    ReplyDelete