Wednesday 20 April 2011

Potential Layouts and Presentation Ideas

Now I have a number of usable images, I need to consider how they are to be laid out. There are a number of ways that I am considering:



Diptychs - The two images that I like from each shoot could work together as a diptych, printed large and shown on a wall.


Text - There is potential for this project to be confusing for the viewer if there isn't accompanying text, so one option is to have a short page, perhaps with quotes or information about the subject alongside each image set.


'Mugshot' Grouping - Having looked at the work of Pieter Hugo, Thomas Ruff and Eileen Perrier, I have begun to realise that the closer cropped shots of my subjects are almost as strong, if not stronger than the images that are wider. I feel that they still capture a sense of identity and character, but you can still clearly see the birthmark. As a result, these could be presented together, as a group, laid out in a line on a gallery wall. The prints would have to be fairly large to have the intended impact.

When I get my work printed, I plan to experiment with these layouts to see which works the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment